After a busy summer home in the Colorado mountains, biking, running and climbing, my looming trip to Asia is right around the corner. Next Tuesday I fly to Tokyo for 10 days exploring Japan then fly to Christchurch, NZ for two weeks backpacking around the south island! Below is a short list of goals I have for both destinations, be sure to keep checking here to see how I make out!
- Hike for a few days in the Chuo Alps
- Soak in the Gero Onsen
- Explore the Gifu region
- See the “anti-capital” of Japan: Osaka
- Temples in Kyoto
- Eat in Tokyo!
- Hike in Aoraki Mount Cook NP
- Visit friends from Nepal in Dunedin
- Drink wine from wineries in Marlborough
- Kayak in Milford Sound
- See the glowworms in Te Anau
With those goals in mind, I will plan to be flexible with my itinerary to hopefully see some seasonal things as well as explore places with less of an Internet presence. I will be posting here as well as my Flickr as I tour so check back often to see how I fare!